1. Rough Terrain. The best wheel over rough terrain. The sine wave shape tends to kick pebbles and small objects out of the way. Also the best wheel over wet conditions. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department.
2. Approach Angle. Shark Wheels perform similar to how drivers intuitively know to go over a speed bump at an angle to reduce the shock in their car. The unique 30 degree approach angle of the Shark Wheel reduces shock and deflects objects due to its approach angle. A normal wheel is a steamroller and tries to go over obstacles in its way. Shark Wheels tend to move around objects
3. Lasts Longer. Scientifically tested to last up to 50% longer when cruising. Shark Wheel has multiple center points compared to one center point on a traditional wheel. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department. Flatspot resistant
4. Better Slide Control. The Shark Wheel actually spins as it slides acting like a car's antilock brakes. The 3 lips of the Shark Wheel compared to 1 lip on a traditional wheel give predictable slides. Also, slides are easier to perform due to less surface area in contact with the ground. Less friction to initiate slide
5. Lightning Fast. 57% less rolling resistance than a traditional wheel. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department
6. Media. As seen on Shark Tank, the Discovery Channel, FedEx Commercials, FOX.
7. Technology in Other Industries. Shark Wheels are used by many Fortune 500 companies in other industries for their performance advantages.
I am 52 years old and have been skating my entire life. In 2017 I was in a life-threatening motorcycle accident. After 3 years of surgeries and many months in bed, I have graduated from the wheelchair, to the walker, to my feet, and thanks to Shark Wheels, to my skateboard. The technology this wheel offers give me the confidence to get back on the board. The superior grip, smooth roll, and trusted performance through gravel/rough pavement is beyond any wheel I have used since my first ride in the 1970's! Unfortunately, my physical capacity is extremely limited as a result of the accident. But...thanks to Shark Wheels I am still surfing the streets, and I can't tell you what that has done for me. These wheels are the best innovation in skateboarding since the dual kick tail and concave board shaping. Take it from the OG:) THANKS SHARK WHEELS!!!!
Amazing wheels. 10/10 would recommend for anyone longboarding. Great for sliding, cruising, carving, etc. Overall perfect.
Exactly what I wanted
These wheels are great, and the added free Abec9 bearings made the purchase all the sweeter. Switched them onto my deck and used my old wheels on my spare board, and tried it out just this morning, and they go over bumps on the street better, and also I seem to roll for longer too. All in all a great purchase.
This is my 5th set of Shark Wheels and in my opinion the best yet. I can't say enough about these wheels, they change the game and take skating to a whole new level. From downhill to the park, there's nothing like Shark!
The ride was super smooth. I’d rocks, sand or anything was in my way I still rode over it smooth and barely lost any speed
The width is increased, but the friction is decreased! The sine wave design provides three lips per wheel for superior lateral grip. When you want to slide, they break away smoothly and recover easily.
The wave pattern design allows for a thin contact patch touching the ground and therefore less friction, resulting in a quicker ride.
The alternating pattern of grooves significantly reduces hydroplaning by channeling liquid, sand or gravel out and away from the surface of the wheel, allowing for a firm contact patch with the ground.