1. Rough Terrain. The best wheel over rough terrain. The sine wave shape tends to kick pebbles and small objects out of the way. Also the best wheel over wet conditions. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department.
2. Approach Angle. Shark Wheels perform similar to how drivers intuitively know to go over a speed bump at an angle to reduce the shock in their car. The unique 30 degree approach angle of the Shark Wheel reduces shock and deflects objects due to its approach angle. A normal wheel is a steamroller and tries to go over obstacles in its way. Shark Wheels tend to move around objects
3. Lasts Longer. Scientifically tested to last up to 50% longer when cruising. Shark Wheel has multiple center points compared to one center point on a traditional wheel. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department. Flatspot resistant
4. Better Slide Control. The Shark Wheel actually spins as it slides acting like a car's antilock brakes. The 3 lips of the Shark Wheel compared to 1 lip on a traditional wheel give predictable slides. Also, slides are easier to perform due to less surface area in contact with the ground. Less friction to initiate slide
5. Lightning Fast. 57% less rolling resistance than a traditional wheel. Scientifically proven by San Diego State University, Mechanical Engineering Department
6. Media. As seen on Shark Tank, the Discovery Channel, FedEx Commercials, FOX.
7. Technology in Other Industries. Shark Wheels are used by many Fortune 500 companies in other industries for their performance advantages.
I just installed a fresh set of these on my longboard and ohhhhhhh my goodness, let me tell you. I'm gliding on the streets like a bold eagle soaring through the sky in Yellowstone National Park, like a Flying Squirrel in the Hardwood Forests, a Gazelle running through the African Grasslands, you name it. These are by far the best/smoothest wheels on the market today, do yourself a favor and pick up a set if you are trying to improve your riding significantly. Oh, and I got a cool sticker to put on my board.
I honestly bought these thinking that they wouldn’t make much of a difference as to how my riding felt. But after putting them on and riding I found that my ride have been made much smoother. These wheels were definitely worth it and I love them
YEP!! Best wheels ever!! They roll over and thru anything!!
I bought these so I can skate the road I live on--a long, dirt road in rural Alaska. They don't work on every surface, but they're good enough that I can skate much of my road, which is nice when the nearest pavement is 9 miles and the nearest skatepark is a 40 minute drive. Video review with footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu3urCxndIk
I bought eh ones recommended for the longboard. If your local roads are just too destroyed to skate on, these HELP but they don’t do the impossible. But they work amazing and after riding with them even my friends agree they just work better than the average wheel!
Super comfortable for cruising
These wheels are awesome for cruising, especially being a tad larger than normal at 72mm. You will defintely be stopped by people to talk about them, everyone has questions and loves them. 10/10 would highly reccomend.
You will never ride a better wheel! Amazing people, service, and products.
Best wheels ive ever tried i live in the Netherlands and the roads and bikelanes are not smooth there are many rocks and bumps i used to fall off off my board with normal 70mm wheels but now its really smooth
The width is increased, but the friction is decreased! The sine wave design provides three lips per wheel for superior lateral grip. When you want to slide, they break away smoothly and recover easily.
The wave pattern design allows for a thin contact patch touching the ground and therefore less friction, resulting in a quicker ride.
The alternating pattern of grooves significantly reduces hydroplaning by channeling liquid, sand or gravel out and away from the surface of the wheel, allowing for a firm contact patch with the ground.